Savory Mushroom & herb Pork Roast
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 12 baby carrots
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 lbs.)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- French-fried onions, optional
Place onions and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker
In a small bowl, combine the soup, broth, mushrooms, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, marjoram and pepper.
Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm.
Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.