Oh, long time no talk. The weekend got away from me and then I didn’t want to get up for work today. My boss is back from having hip replacement surgery last week so it was crazy busy at work. When he can’t do anything for himself except walk, it wears a person out. So thankfully Hubby made supper tonight and he stuck with our Meatless Monday meal.
Broccoli Gratin with Crispy Onions
- 2 T Butter
- 2 T Flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1 Bunch Broccoli, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 c. Grated Fontina Cheese
- 1 c. French-fried onions
1. Cook butter and flour in a sucepan over medium heat, whisking, for 1 minute.
2. Whisk in milk.
3. Add broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Simmer until tender, 8 to 12 minutes.
4. Add fontina and mix well. Transfer to a baking dish and top with french-fried onions. Bake at 350° until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.