So this morning I was trying to come up with something for supper. Then I came across Iowa Girl Eats recipe for Savory Peach Chicken so I knew I had most of the ingredients on hand so I gave it a whirl plus I had zucchini I needed to use.
Savory Peach Chicken
- 2 T brown sugar
- 2T soy sauce
- 2 T rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. pineapple orange juice
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 2 t. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, pounded
- salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 peaches, sliced thin
1. Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, rice vinegar, pineapple orange juice, and vegetable broth in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken breats and salt & pepper, then place in the hot skillet. Cook until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook until golden brown on teh other side, about 4 minutes total. Chicken will not be cooked through. Remove to a plate and set aside.
3. Add garlic to the hot pan and stir constantly no more than 10 seconds. Add the brown sugar/vegetable broth mixture and sliced peaches to the pan, and increase heat to high. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring once or twice, until sauce has thickened and peaches start to become soft.
4. Nestle chicken back into the skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, place a lid on top and cook for 5 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve on top of brown rice.
- 1 c whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1 T hot sauce
- 2 T whole wheat flour
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into 2 x 1/2-in sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Place the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and pepper on a sheet of waxed pepper. Mix the ingredients with your fingertips until well combined. Set aside.
2. Mix the egg whites and hot sauce in a shallow dish.
3. Place the flour on a sheet of waxed paper.
4. Dip the zucchini in the flour, then in the egg whites, and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place the zucchini on a cookie sheet and bake about 10 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
It was so nice out we sat outside to eat supper.