So Hubby made supper tonight.
Adapted from Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Mac & Cheese
- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 slice bacon
- 8 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-in pieces
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 c skim milk
- 1/3 c. condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/3 c. italian cheese blend
- 1/3 c. cheddar cheese
- 1/3 c. smoked gouda
- 1 T ranch drsg mix
- 1/2 c. shredded colby-jack cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
2. Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan, reserving drippings in pan. Finely chop bacon; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high for skillet. Add chicken to drippings in pan; saute 6 min. or until done.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; sprinkle flour evenly into pan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Combine milk and soup, stirring with a whicsk; gradually add milk mixture to saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; let stand 4 minutes or until sauce cools a little. Add italian cheese blend, cheddar cheese, smoked gouda, and ranch drsg mix, stirring until cheeses melt. Stir in pasta and chicken.
4. Preheat broiler. Spoon mixture into a casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with reserved bacon and colby-jack cheese. Broil for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
Now off to get some yoga in and then who knows where the night will lead.